With winter weather upon us and almost a year of extra time at home because of the pandemic, comfort is on everybody’s mind! You may find yourself looking for the best house slippers for hardwood floors—if so, you’ve come to the right place!
There are so many choices on the market, so we did our research and found the ten best choices for those of you that want a great slipper to wear on hard flooring. We looked at the type of sole they offer, the inner support of the insole, the lining’s warmth and comfort, and the durability of the material.
After looking at all ten options, we think the UGG line of slippers would be your best choice! For men, there is the UGG Men’s Ascot Slipper, and for women, the UGG Women’s Coquette Slipper. While they may be a bit of an investment, they offer great support, a waterproof sole, durable material, and the famous UGG shearling lining.
Don’t take our word for it though! Take a look at the choices yourself and see which pair would work best for you!
Best House Slippers for Hardwood Floors
|UGG Men's Ascot Slipper||Check Price||Leather||Rubber|
|Sorel Men's Manawan Slipper||Check Price||Leather||Rubber|
|UGG Women's Coquette Slipper||Check Price||Leather||Rubber|
|Skechers BOBS from Keepsakes||Check Price||Synthetic||Rubber|
|Crocs Men's Santa Cruz Comfortable Loafers||Check Price||Textile||Synthetic|
|Deer Stags Slipperooz Men's Nordic S.U.P.R.O Slipper||Check Price||Microsuede||Synthetic|
|Vionic Gemma Plush||Check Price||Textile||Rubber|
|Hanes Men's Slippers House Shoes||Check Price||Fabric||Synthetic|
|ULTRAIDEAS Women's Cozy Memory Foam Slippers||Check Price||Microfiber||Rubber|
|Jessica Simpson Women's Comfy Faux Fur House Slipper||Check Price||Synthetic||Synthetic|
1. UGG Men’s Ascot Slipper
These stylish slippers from UGG are nice enough to wear inside and outside the house. They come in two different fabrics—water-resistant suede and leather—and many color choices. The outside material can be treated to repel water and stains.
The slipper’s inside is lined with natural wool, which keeps feet warm without making them sweaty or overheated. These slippers can be worn with or without socks and still keep feet toasty and cozy. They can also be worn inside or outside thanks to the rubber sole.
These slippers come in whole sizes only, and it’s recommended to size up if you normally wear a half size. Many reviewers mentioned that the shoe felt snug at first, but after wearing it, they found that the shoe stretched and molded to an extremely comfortable fit.
Reviewers had great things to say about these slippers. Many mentioned that they were made to last a lifetime, especially since new insoles can be ordered from UGG.
- These shoes come in two materials—leather and water-resistant suede—and many colors.
- They are lined with warm but temperature-regulating wool.
- Additional insoles are available to purchase and replace worn-out ones from UGG.
- The rubber sole allows it to be worn inside or outside and prevents slipping.
- The shoe molds to the wearer’s foot over time, providing a perfect fit.
- Some buyers were disappointed to find out that the slipper couldn’t handle an additional orthotic insert, so these may not be the best choice for those with foot issues.
- If you are a true half size, the whole sizing may not provide the perfect fit.
Thanks to their warm lining and rubber sole, these slippers are definitely some of the best house slippers for hardwood floors available on the market. The man in your life will look warm and stylish both inside and out in these well-made and comfortable slippers.
2. Sorel Men’s Manawan Slipper
These warm slippers from Sorel are more of a traditional slipper design, with a smooth rubber sole and ankle-high,fleece-lined leather uppers. The slipper has a removable insert that can be replaced easily when worn, making these slippers able to last a long time.
While the rubber sole doesn’t offer a lot of traction for slippery conditions, they work well for quick trips outside, even in snow, and many wearers and reviewers mentioned that they have held up well both indoors and outdoors.
One of the best things reviewers had to say about these slippers was their warmth. The wool and fleece blend works extremely well to keep your feet toasty in winter, with or without socks.
- These slippers are made from durable leather suede on the outside with a rubber sole.
- They feature warm fleece and wool lining on the inside.
- The insole is removable to be replaced due to wear or with an orthotic insert.
- The rubber sole offers enough waterproofing for quick trips outside in the snow.
- The sole doesn’t offer a lot of traction for slippery or wet conditions.
- Some wearers found that the stitching of the shoe fell apart quickly, although many have said that theirs have lasted a long time.
- The cut-outs in the ankle can sometimes allow snow to tumble into the slipper.
If comfort and functionality is your goal in looking for the best house slippers for hardwood floors, these would be a great pair to try. They are warm, can be worn inside or out, provide some traction on hard flooring, and can tolerate an orthotic insert.
3. UGG Women’s Coquette Slipper
This classic slip-on shoe from UGG is a warm and comfortable option for women looking for a slipper that’s easy to put on but also supportive. The sole is rubber with a robust tread that comfortably walks in indoor or outdoor spaces.
The inside of the slipper is plush and warm sheep wool material, while the outside is a waterproof suede. They come in nine different colors and whole sizes. UGG recommends sizing down from your normal shoe size when purchasing these slippers.
These slippers have a big following of wearers who refuse to purchase any other slipper after trying many others and finally finding the Coquette. With such a well-known brand, it’s important to know that you’re purchasing the authentic shoe—if not, you may find that the material wears away within weeks and sheds.
- The slip-on design is easy to take on and off.
- The treads of the rubber outsole are great for handling slippery or wet conditions.
- The warm lining of the slipper does a great job of keeping feet comfortable in cool weather but won’t cause feet to sweat in warmer weather.
- The UGG brand is durable, and many wears have had their slippers last a long time, even with constant daily use.
- Because of the slip-on design, these slippers would not be able to handle orthotics or inserts.
- While supportive, they may not be the best choice for those with foot issues to wear on hardwood floors.
- Many knock-off slippers are on the market, and they will not be as durable as the actual product.
These slippers are well-loved by many women as both an indoor and outdoor slipper that will keep feet well-regulated in temperature and last a long time.
4. Skechers BOBS from Keepsakes
These stylish and warm slippers from Skechers may catch your eye if you are already a Skechers fan. They are known for having supportive but comfortable shoes that are a big hit with those who have foot issues.
These slippers have an outer rubber sole, a fur-lined foam footbed, and are covered in a sweater, cable-knit material. They come in a large variety of colors and both half and whole sizes in normal and wide widths.
Reviewers seemed to love or hate these slippers. Some were disappointed in the support they offered, after being fans of other Skecher shoes. They mentioned that while warm and made with soft material, the insole was ultimately hard on their arches. Some also disliked the platform style of the slipper, comparing it to wearing a high heel.
Others love these slippers for their warmth, durability, and clog-like fit. Because they have a hard outer sole and warm cushioning on the inside, these seem like one of the best women’s houses slippers for hardwood floors.
- These slippers offer a hard rubber outsole and plush foam footbed.
- They come in a large variety of colors, sizes, and widths.
- The cable-knit sweater look is stylish.
- These slippers offer more support than most other styles.
- Some wearers felt like they didn’t offer enough sole support.
- Others didn’t like the platform, heel style of this slipper.
- The outer material can attract a lot of lint and hair, and it isn’t easy to keep clean.
Based on the reviews, these slippers could be a good choice for someone looking for a cute, warm, and semi-supportive slipper to wear indoors and on the occasional trip outside. If you’re already a fan of the Skechers brand, these would be a great one to try!
5. Crocs Men’s Santa Cruz Comfortable Loafers
Another well-known brand for comfortable and affordable shoes, these canvas slip-ons from Crocs could definitely pass as both an indoor and outdoor shoe. They feature the famous Crocs rubber sole, which can be worn with or without socks. The back of the shoe can be folded down to make it a slide-on.
This shoe comes in a variety of colors and whole sizes. Wearers recommended going up on sizing if you typically wear a half size. The inserts are removable if orthotics are needed, and the shoe is machine washable.
Reviewers had great things to say about this shoe. Many with foot issues like plantar fasciitis mentioned that it provides great support on hard flooring. Others appreciated that they didn’t have to wear socks with them and that they were great warm-weather shoes due to their breathability.
- The canvas material has many color choices and is machine washable.
- The Crocs rubber sole is supportive and durable.
- The shoes can be worn as a loafer or a slide-on.
- The shoe material is breathable enough for warm weather.
- The price is affordable.
- The frayed style may be too casual for some.
- The rubber sole can cause some feet to sweat when worn without socks.
- Some wearers found that the shoe wore out rather quickly.
If you’re looking for a supportive and affordable shoe to wear indoors (and out) in warmer climates, this looks like a great choice. Many happy wearers were surprised to find a stylish and comfortable option from the Crocs company.
6. Deer Stags Slipperooz Men’s Nordic S.U.P.R.O Slipper
These simple but warm slippers for men are priced affordably and look comfortable. They have a suede material on the outside with a warm sherpa material on the inside. They come in many colors and patterns, with the whole size in both regular and wide widths.
They have a synthetic sole which is definitely geared towards an indoor setting as opposed to indoor and outdoor. Reviewers mentioned that they were even a bit slick on hardwood floors and better suited to the carpet.
Many mentioned that while warm, these slippers could tend to be a bit too warm for comfort. There were mixed reviews about their durability—some claimed they were falling apart from the moment they opened the box, and others said they lasted a good while with daily wear. Several others mentioned that they had begun to smell after a while.
- These slippers have a warm lining combined with a variety of suede.
- They come in both wide and regular widths.
- A synthetic outsole allows the wearer to use them outside when needed.
- Reviewers said that these slippers tend to run a whole size small.
- Others mentioned that the midsole’s cloth-like material wore out quickly and didn’t offer a lot of traction on hard flooring.
- Some complained that the shoes quickly retained a foot odor.
These shoes are worth considering with many dedicated wearers, but due to their midsole issues and complaints of durability on hard flooring, they may not be the best slipper for hardwood floors.
7. Vionic Gemma Plush
For the ladies, this slipper from Vionic is plush with a lot of support. They offer a rubber outsole that is durable enough for hard flooring in the home or light usage outside the home. They come in four different furry material colors and whole sizes.
According to reviewers, these shoes offer a lot of arch support but might be better suited to those who have high arches and are looking for something to provide relief when standing on hard flooring. Some found them a bit too wide in the beginning, but they offer a Velcro adjuster that helps them fit perfectly.
Reviewers mentioned they’ve thrown them in the washer before and they’ve come out nicely. Some mentioned the inside material made the slippers too slippery to wear, and many mentioned that the hard insole was too much support unless they had very high arches.
- These slippers offer a hard outsole and a very supportive insole.
- They are covered in a warm material that comes in four colors.
- They offer a Velcro adjuster for the width of the shoe.
- Some found these shoes to have too much hard support on the insole.
- Other reviewers mentioned that the material on these shoes sheds a lot.
- These are a large, clunky slipper that might be hard to walk in for some wearers.
These definitely seem like a warm and super supportive slipper for those that need the perfect combination of comfort and style, especially those with high arches.
8. Hanes Men’s Slippers House Shoes
From another well-known brand in the clothing industry, these Hanes slippers are made to be an affordable option with comfort. They boast memory foam padding on a synthetic sole, which offers enough traction for hard indoor flooring or outdoor surfaces.
The slippers come in sizes small through xxx-large, with a sizing chart available. They can be worn by men or women and come in several neutral colors. If soiled, they can be thrown into the washing machine. They also feature a special inner material that is supposed to repel odors.
Reviews are definitely mixed for these slippers. Some claimed they were comfortable and exactly what they were searching for. Others claimed that the insole was uncomfortable and that the slippers fell apart after just a few days of use.
- These slippers are a more affordable option.
- They come in several neutral colors that can be worn by both men and women.
- The insole is made of comfortable memory foam.
- The outsole is durable enough to be worn on outdoor surfaces.
- The sizing for these slippers covers a wider range than typical whole sizes.
- Some wearers found the insole to be uncomfortable.
- These slippers didn’t hold up well according to some reviews.
These look like they could be a thrifty option for a winter slipper, but it might be a good idea to make sure you can return them if they don’t fit well or seem to hold up after a day or so.
9. ULTRAIDEAS Women’s Cozy Memory Foam Slippers
Another warm, comfortable, and affordable option would be the ULTRAIDEAS slippers. They come in four common colors and whole sizes. The company and reviews recommend sizing up if you are a half size or plan to wear these with socks.
They feature a small bootie-style shape, with warm faux shearling lining and a microfiber outside. The sole is rubber and is covered with supportive memory foam.
Reviewers generally had great things to say about this shoe. It’s not the most supportive, but many found it could handle an insert or orthotic if that is a need. Many found that it fit the need for a warm shoe with a supportive sole.
- These slippers are very affordable.
- They come in four common colors.
- They feature a warm faux sherpa lining and rubber sole.
- There is a memory foam lining in the insole.
- Wearers found that there was room for an orthotic insert if needed.
- These only come in whole sizes and one width.
- Some wearers had a hard time getting the right fit.
- Others found that they fell apart easily.
If you don’t have a lot to spend but want a comfy and warm slipper to try, these could be a great choice! The memory foam insert can provide comfort or be removed for more supportive orthotics, and the rubber sole is suitable for all types of surfaces.
10. Jessica Simpson Women’s Comfy Faux Fur House Slipper
Last on the list are these super fluffy ladies slippers coming in nine different color choices (including a cheetah print!). They are slip-ons with a hard rubber sole and faux-rabbit fur lining.
These shoes come in four different sizes, so it may be more difficult to get a perfect fit if you have wide feet or narrow feet—the brand recommends going up a size if your feet are wide, but reviewers said the shoes run normal width.
Wearers loved how plush these slippers were, although it was frequently mentioned that they don’t offer very much support, especially after they’ve been worn for several weeks. While this didn’t bother most, they may not be a great choice if you have mostly hard flooring in your house.
- These slippers are affordable.
- They come in many beautiful colors.
- The faux-rabbit fur is soft and plush.
- A rubber outsole lets the wearer go on hard flooring or outside.
- The sizing of these slippers may make it difficult to get a good fit.
- Wearers mentioned that they don’t offer a lot of support.
While affordable and plush, these slippers don’t offer the greatest support for use on hard flooring and may not be the best house shoes for hardwood floors.
Things To Consider Before Buying House Slippers for Hardwood Floors
By nature, a slipper is meant to be a lightweight shoe that is heavier than a sock but lighter than your typical outdoor shoe. Therefore, a good slipper will feel weightless on your foot while still providing some cushion and support on hard floors.
Several factors can make a slipper lighter or heavier. The first is the outsole material. While a rubber outsole is great for hard flooring and quick trips outside, it will add extra weight to the slipper if it’s too thick and bulky.
Also, consider the material that the slipper is made out of. Fleece, suede, microfiber, and wool are all warm materials that don’t need a lot of bulk to function well. Leather, canvas, and other heavyweight materials will add bulk that won’t be appreciated in a house shoe.
If you have any type of foot issues like plantar fasciitis or low arches, the cushioning will be a huge factor in determining which slippers work best for you on hardwood floors. Many people resort to wearing their shoes at home, but this is not as sanitary, and the treads of normal shoes like sneakers could lead to falls in the carpeted areas of your home.
It’s better to find a pair of the best house slippers for hardwood floors that give the support of your normal shoes without the bulk and germs coming in from outside. Memory foam makes great support over rubber outsoles. Another option is to buy a pair that can have an orthotic insert added to it.
Once again, the very nature of house slippers demands that they are comfortable. Anyone can wear a pair of flip flops around the house, but if you want something that is warm, cozy, and supportive, a good pair of house slippers is crucial.
A good outsole will provide the support needed to start a comfortable fit from the ground up—especially if you have mostly hard floors in your home or you live on a cement slab.
Good insole support is also crucial for a comfortable fit. Along with these things, having a proper fit is helpful. Some people find that slip-on slippers with a lot of plush lining don’t stay on their foot as well. So a slipper with a back might be a good idea if you plan on a lot of plush.
One of the benefits of some of the pricier options lined with real wool is their breathability. Wool is famous for being warm but breathable. If you are someone whose feet sweat a lot, investing in a good pair of wool slippers would be a great decision!
A rubber outsole is a must for wearing slippers on hard floors. It gives some traction in case of wetness that could cause slips. It also allows you to wear the slippers out of the house if needed.
Most shoppers want to get the best value for their money, and durability plays a key factor in that. Finding a slipper that fits your foot well will keep it from wearing down in areas of stress like the heel or above the toes. Also, sturdier fabrics like leather and suede may do a better job of retaining their shape.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the best material for slippers?
A. It depends on what season you’ll be wearing them in and in what situations. In general, materials like leather and suede are going to be very durable and hold their shape well. However, materials like microfiber or knit would be washable, so the whole slipper could be thrown into the washing machine.
Q. How can I keep my slippers clean?
A. Depending on the material, many can be thrown into the washer on a gentle cycle and air-dried. Materials like leather and suede should have a protectant applied to them when bought, which will repel liquids and stains.
Q. Is there a way to get the lining fluffy again?
A. Many people have found success re-fluffing their slipper lining with a pet hairbrush. Some also use a detangling spray, although that is not necessary if you’re worried about it ruining the lining.
Q. Can I wear my slippers outside?
A. Slippers that have a rubber outsole can be worn outside on dry, hard ground without ruining them. If you’re planning on wearing them when it is wet outside, you’ll want one with a considerable outsole (more like a normal shoe) and a waterproof material like leather or suede.
Q. Should I buy two pairs of slippers and rotate them?
A. This is a helpful trick for those that want their shoes to last as long as possible. If you plan on wearing your slippers every day, it’s a good idea to have two pairs and rotate wearing them so that one pair has a day to “rest” and regain their shape.
Q. How do I know what size to order?
A. Most brands include a sizing chart when you’re deciding what size to order. It’s also a good idea to read the reviews to see if they run short or long and narrow or wide.
If the winter chills are starting to creep into your home, and you find your feet are suffering, now is the best time to start doing some online shopping to find the perfect pair for you! Thanks to reviews, it’s never been easier to find the perfect pair of slippers without leaving home’s comfort and safety!
The best house slippers for hardwood floors will be the perfect combination of warmth, support, and durability to last you as long as possible! We have confidence that thanks to our research, your new favorite house shoes are just a click away!