The Covid-19 pandemic seems to have played a significant role in shifting focus from working in an office to working within your home.
However, working from home should not stop you from putting on shoes that will keep your feet comfortable as you move within and outside your home-front.
Are you still undecided about the best brand that will serve your needs?
Worry no more. Let’s dive into this in-depth research that reviews the 10 best house shoes of 2022 that will help you achieve more from your home.
The RockDove Women’s Original Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper is a market leader considering the all-natural material that provides unmatched comfort to your feet.
But then, the other nine also come with excellent features you require to give your feet a great feel as you relax at home.
Read on to learn more about them!
Best House Shoes
|RockDove Women's Original Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper||Check Price||Cotton||Foam|
|TOMS Men's, Berkeley Slipper||Check Price||Faux shearling||Synthetic|
|HAFLINGER Unisex AT Wool Hard Sole Slippers||Check Price||Fabric||Synthetic|
|Hanes Men's Memory Foam Indoor Outdoor Clog Slipper Shoe with Fresh IQ||Check Price||Mesh||Synthetic|
|Wishcotton Mens Classic Two-Tone Slippers||Check Price||Cotton||Rubber|
|UGG Men's Scuff Slipper||Check Price||Suede||Rubber|
|HomeIdeas Men's Woolen Fabric Memory Foam Anti-Slip House Slippers||Check Price||Woolen Fabric||Synthetic|
|ZIZOR Men’s Cozy Memory Foam Tartan Slippers||Check Price||Cotton||Rubber|
|Minnetonka Women's Cally Faux Fur Slipper||Check Price||Leather||Synthetic|
|Vionic Women's Haven McKenzie Slipper||Check Price||Suede||Rubber|
1. RockDove Women’s Original Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper
It is time to give your aching, tired, and hardworking feet a blissful experience, thanks to the RockDove Women’s Original Two-Tone memory foam slippers.
With its clog style design, your feet will stay comfortable and relaxed, whether indoors or outdoors, as you switch from getting your household chores done to having a fun-filled time with family and friends.
No matter how long you stay on your feet at work, these house shoes will take the stress off your feet the moment you slip into them.
- The clog style and low collar design promotes easy slip-on and off
- Use of a durable rubber outsole and a waterproof bottom to allow you to wear it indoor or outdoor given the firm grip it offers on wet floors
- Presence of anti-shock EVA layer helps reduce the impact of stepping on a hard object or pebble on your driveway
- The waffle knit upper allows your feet to breath on hot days, ensuring your feet are sweaty and odor-free
- Made with machine-washable materials for easy cleaning of odors, stains, or dirt
- Available in different sizes for kids, men, and women
- Some users complained of the seams detaching from the shoe after a few uses
- It is large for narrow feet, but you can put on socks to remedy the situation
- Give your feet the freedom, groove, and movement it deserves with these cool house shoes that are available in 6 colors to match your mood or partner.
RockDove Women’s Original Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper is perfect and comfortable if you have foot conditions such as plantar fasciitis or arthritic feet.
2. TOMS Men’s Berkeley Slipper
Beyond the warmth and total comfort you will derive from wearing TOMS Men’s Berkeley Slipper, it is also a beautiful thing to know a child in need is getting a new shoe because of your purchase.
The plush Faux-fur lining and signature asymmetrical cap toe make this pair one of the best house shoes for men to look elegant on the feet. It also does well to keep the feet comfortable as you move indoor and outdoor.
Every part will keep your feet relaxed whenever you are away from the long hours you spend on your feet while in the office.
- Use of a printed fabric upper with a faux shearling lining for enhanced warmth and comfort
- Presence of gore panel at instep for added flexibility
- The durable rubber outsole provides a firm grip and stability on all surfaces whether indoor or outdoor
- Slip-on style for easy on and off
- Use of textile upper or quilted synthetic for enhanced comfortability in all-weather condition
- Available in 2 colors
- Review from users shows that it slips from the feet when walking up and down on stairs
- May become slippery if worn in the rain
- Quality control issues with some deliveries
The snug, cozy feel, and excellent construction of TOMS Men’s Berkeley Slipper make it a favorite and a must-have in every home.
3. HAFLINGER Unisex AT Wool Hard Sole Slippers
HAFLINGER has consistently been able to wow and sustain customers through its high sense of craftsmanship and the outstanding quality of its Unisex AT Wool Hard Sole Slippers.
Their philosophy is to help your feet stay healthy in various environments, and as such, they make use of 100% boiled virgin wool upper that is breathable and gives the foot enough space to contract and expand freely.
Adequate support is not lacking in this house shoe, given that it is well-padded on all sides with latex molded arch support for better alignment.
- Use of all-natural materials that are soft and flexible, thus promoting breathability and insulation
- Presence of a spacious toe box and footbed that complements the natural foot form
- The double felt insole gives extra warmth, support, moisture-wicking capabilities, and keeps the foot relaxed with each step
- Durable indoor and outdoor rubber outsole protects your feet from harsh weather conditions
- Use of removable footbed enables you to change to custom-made orthopedic footbeds that fit your feet
- Available in men and women sizes in eight colors
- Made with machine-washable materials for easy cleaning
- It is expensive
- Poor quality control
- Some users complained about the wool being scratchy and unpleasant on their feet
Despite the lightweight and soft nature of this pair, it is sturdy and durable on the feet, making it qualify as one of the best house shoes.
Overall, you will enjoy total foot bliss and comfort in the HAFLINGER Unisex AT Wool Hard Sole Slippers since it is made for versatility and comfort.
4. Hanes Men’s Memory Foam Indoor Outdoor Slipper Shoe
A great way to pamper your feet is to own a pair of Hanes Men’s Memory Foam Indoor Outdoor Clog Slipper Shoe with Fresh IQ odor protection technology.
The durable slip-resistant rubber sole makes it an excellent option for both indoor and outdoor use, thus keeping you safe on wet or slippery floors.
You enjoy maximum comfort, support, a stylish design, and flexibility, given that it is one of the best house shoes for men from Hanes.
- Use of plush lining to keep the feet warm and cozy at all times
- Memory foam cushioning helps the shoe conform to the shape of your foot for a custom fit
- The Fresh IQ odor protection technology keeps your feet fresh all day long
- Easy to slip on and off
- Use of comfortable and breathable cotton material and micro-terry cloth collar to promote breathability, absorption, and added comfort
- Available in 7 colors in both male and female sizes
- Great price for its quality
- The arch support is not enough due to the thinness of the memory foam
- It is not recommended for a narrow foot due to the wide toe box
- The bottom begins to wear out and rip apart after a few uses
- Hanes Men’s Memory Foam house shoe will serve you well as a college student to move around the dorm or when taking your dog for a walk.
- This is possible because of the firm grip you will enjoy from the durable sole.
5. Wishcotton Men’s Classic Two-Tone Slippers
Since 2008, Wishcotton has been producing great house shoes using high-quality materials evolving from years spent understanding fabrics.
A unique point of Wishcotton Men’s Classic Two-Tone Slippers is the impact-absorbing EVA foam, high-density memory foam, and extra support pad in the arch area to provide your feet the comfort it deserves.
The breathable upper and soft coral velvet lining combines to caress your feet and ease it off the stress you have put it through at work.
- A slip-on clog design with a breathable open back for an elegant look
- Use of cotton bamboo knit fabric upper to promote breathability
- Open-back design helps with air circulation, keeping the feet sweat- and odor-free
- An anti-skid hard rubber sole makes it comfortable and provides stability needed outdoor
- Deep memory foam helps reduce foot stress thanks to extra comfort and support the pair of shoe offers
- Machine-washable for easy cleaning of dirt and stains
- Available in six colors in different sizes
- Poor quality control leading to customers receiving previously used items
- The heels are noisy on wooden floors
- Users complained that it stretches and becomes loose on the feet after a few uses
In any case, Wishcotton Men’s Classic Two-Tone Slippers are a perfect fit if you have mild to severe foot conditions.
They will help to reduce the pain and as well keep you in comfort as you relax on your couch.
Despite being a men’s house shoe, it also qualifies as part of the best house shoes for women because of the sturdy feel on dainty feet.
6. UGG Men’s Scuff Slipper
Move around your home in this luxurious house shoe from UGG made with soft suede and sumptuous sheepskin from real sheep lamb that has been artificially dyed and treated.
The UGG Men’s Scuff Slipper has a go-to lounge style that is exceptionally comfortable and easy to wear for a perfect fit.
Having a suede upper, wool interior, rubber, and suede outsole sets it apart from other house shoes in its range of price and quality.
- The wool interior is from plush UGGpure or genuine shearling
- Use of high-quality genuine sheepskin suede upper
- The soft, cozy lining keeps the feet warm and comfortable in all-weather conditions
- Foam footbed ease pressure off the feet
- Use of 100% wool fleece with moisture-wicking features to keep your feet cool, dry and comfortable always
- Comfort is derived from an unrivaled slip-on style
- The lightweight embossed water-resistant suede outsole offers long-lasting durability
- The dye bleeds unto the foot
- Some users complained that the instep was low
- It is slippery on wet floors
- It is expensive but worth the price
The soft cushioning feel of these house shoes makes them a perfect gift for your son, husband, grandfather, or male cousin to help them stay comfortable indoors.
Although many reviews show that UGG Men’s Scuff Slipper is cozy, warm, and comfortable on the feet, the cushioning still requires improvements for users to get value for the amount spent on it.
7. HomeIdeas Men’s Woolen Fabric Memory Foam House Slippers
Knowing there is a pair of house shoes that will take the fatigue out of your feet after a tiring day at work is worth looking forward to for anyone that spends long hours on their feet.
The simple, elegant, and fashionable slippers from HomeIdeas is made from soft and comfortable woolen fabric that keeps your feet dry because of its high ventilation attribute.
Also, the material used for the sole does not deform easily and is odorless.
You will enjoy a noiseless movement on all floor surfaces, whether indoor or outdoor.
The mixed wool-like knit fabric and multi-layers of thickened and high-density memory foam makes it comfortable for all.
- Use of environmentally friendly and waterproof TPR sole with wave-like patterns on the bottom for anti-slip protection
- Enjoy 100% no risk money-back guarantee if not satisfied with the purchase
- Backless heel design promotes breathability, thus keeping sweat away
- Strongside seam for long-lasting durability
- Use of a round toe design for more space to allow the toes wiggle in a flexible manner
- Available in six colors in all sizes
- Hand and machine-washable for easy maintenance
- Presence of multi-layered soft cushion with memory foam for arch support to relieve your feet of stress
- Size runs small; it is advisable to order a size up
- It is not suitable for extended use
HomeIdeas Men’s Woolen Fabric Memory Foam Anti-Slip House Slippers serves as practical footwear for people with a swollen foot, suffer from diabetic, edema, or use orthotic devices because it is comfortable and easy to slip on and off.
8. ZIZOR Men’s Cozy Memory Foam Tartan Slippers
Enjoy the fresh and warm feel of soft, breathable terry cloth lining and plaid tartan upper on your feet after a busy day at work from ZIZOR Men’s Cozy Memory Foam Tartan Slippers.
The inner is designed in such a way that you can adjust it with an adjustable closure strap to conform to the shape of your feet and, as such, get a comfortable, customized fit.
Made with a seam-crafted edge and durable rubber outsole, it is reliable, dependable, and does not crack easily, aiding its durability even if worn indoor and outdoor.
- Use of faux shearling lining will keep your toe to ankle warm on a cold day
- High-density memory foam insoles with extra soft cushion provide adequate support to the feet, reducing stress and tension
- The flexible rubber sole is adaptable for optimal comfort
- Presence of cotton lining that absorbs moisture from the feet for all-day comfort
- Easy to slip on and off
- Enjoy free exchange with any fit issue encountered and 100% no risk money-back guarantee
- Machine washable and still maintains a great look after many wash cycles
- Use of a durable, anti-slip, and waterproof bottom for a firm grip on wet floors or tiles
The sizes run small; it is advisable to order a size up always
You can’t use it for long hours at a stretch, doing so will make it will wear down fast
You can choose from any of the three different colors of ZIZOR Men’s Cozy Memory Foam Tartan Slippers to keep your feet relaxed during spring, fall, and winter.
9. Minnetonka Women’s Cally Faux Fur Slipper
Since 1946, Minnetonka has been producing handcrafted products using high-quality materials and uncompromising craftsmanship rooted in American culture and heritage.
The Women’s Cally Faux Fur Slipper is not an exception considering the classic moccasin silhouette, genuine soft suede, plush pile lining, and leather bow.
You get a fantastic cozy and snug shoe fit since it stretches to fit the contours of your feet with consistent wear.
- Use of a luxurious faux shearling lining which helps prevent moisture buildup around your feet while keeping it warm
- Lightly padded insole for all-day support and cushioning
- Durable rubber outsole makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor environments
- Experience a barefoot feel, thanks to the thick pile lining and suede leather
- Available in a variety of colors to match any outfit in your wardrobe
- The thin rubber sole and super-cozy nature gives a comfortable feel on all surfaces
Sizes run small, order half size up to get a customized fit
Users complained of the stitching at the back heel coming apart
The string does not stay tied which may cause safety hazard (you can, however, remove it to keep safe)
Minnetonka Women’s Cally Faux Fur Slipper is one of the best indoor shoes for women that you can give to your mother, sister, and daughters on Mother’s Day or Women’s Day, given its timeless look.
10. Vionic Women’s Haven McKenzie Slipper
No doubt, Vionic Women’s Haven McKenzie Slipper is a fusion of style and science, which has made it become a favorite for giving succor and comfort to any feet in a painful state.
Its orthotic support, deep heel cups, perfect balance, and natural alignment give the comfort required to get rid of the fatigue that your feet encounter daily.
The delicate stitching with a soft-sided scallop detail gives this exquisite house shoe an elegant look that makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Soft leather suede upper offers flexibility and a smooth feel on the feet
- Use of orthaheel technology orthotic footbed to get proper alignment from the ground up by reducing pains and aches
- Addictive support throughout the contoured footbed
- Presence of deep heel cup for needed stability
- Faux-shearling lined footbed promotes warmth in cold weather
- Uses a podiatrist-designed biomechanical orthotic
- It has a firm but flexible midsole that supports balance
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association
- Available in seven colors in different sizes
- It is not comfortable for narrow feet
- The arch support is not sufficient for high arches
If you want a house shoe that is comfortable and has great arch support, Vionic Women’s Haven McKenzie Slipper will fit the role perfectly, especially if you allow your body to adapt to its biomechanical orthotic technology gradually.
Factors to Consider Before Buying House Shoes
Before deciding on the best brand that will keep your feet fresh, active, and pain-free, you should consider the following:
When at home, everything you wear on your body should put you in a relaxed mood, including your house shoes.
When shopping, you should ensure all the features (upper, midsole, and outsole) will keep your feet relaxed and stress-free as you work from your home desk, move from one room to the other, or getting the mail from the box outside.
The essence of choosing any of these pairs is to ensure your feet are comfortable at all times.
When choosing your house shoes, it is vital to go for a style that is easy to slip on and off without any hassles.
They are available in different styles, shapes, patterns, and colors to suit your personality, such as clogs, mules, boot slippers, slippers, etc.
You should not forget that there will be times you may need to dash out to your neighborhood store to pick up an item or two, you won’t have to worry about changing into another pair of shoes due to the comfort you get from owning the right choice.
The best choice of materials for house shoes are natural materials because of the need for breathability.
Synthetic materials and polyester are likely to make your feet sweat, which is not conducive when you want your feet to get proper rest.
Most of the brands highlighted here have uppers made with suede, waffle knit, or breathable cotton material, and plush lining for the inner to promote optimal ventilation.
The footbed of house shoes should be made from a material that gives the right cushioning and support to the feet.
Likewise, they should be able to absorb shock from impact and, as well, removable in the event that you want to make use of custom orthotics.
Always be on the look-out for the house shoes with a footbed made with memory foam insoles that will conform to the shape of your feet while offering extra-soft cushioning.
To protect yourself against injuries in the event of a fall on wet floors while moving around your house, it is best to opt for house slippers that have slip-resistant outsoles.
They should help you get a firm grip on all your floor surfaces even when you take your dog for a walk or take a trip to the neighborhood shop without changing shoes.
You will discover that most house shoes with durable rubber soles with treads will keep you safe on a tiled or wooden floor.
For extra comfortability and support when indoor, house shoes get constructed to be flexible. You’ll notice this in the upper, midsole, and outsole that are soft and moldable to the feet without having a constricted feeling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why do you need house shoes?
A. Walking barefoot or in socks while at home is no longer a norm because of the need to keep the feet protected from harmful objects and harsh weather conditions.
It is also necessary to keep germs and dirt picked up from regular shoes out of your home.
House shoes are the solution to keep the feet as comfortable as possible after the stress of going about your daily activities.
Whether you have an existing foot condition or want to guide against developing one, it is best to choose a house shoe that will keep your feet relaxed and pain-free.
Q. Why should your house shoes fit correctly?
A. The essence of wearing house shoes is irrelevant if they do not fit appropriately because ill-fitting shoes tend to make you prone to accidents, especially on hardwood floors.
You should check the buying guide for the right size before placing your order; however, for some house shoes, you have to order half or a size up to get the best fitting that will keep your feet and back safe and comfortable.
Q. Which style of house shoes are the best?
A. Considering the different styles of house shoes in the market for both men and women, zeroing in on the best will depend on the purpose you want them to serve.
Whether it is mules, clogs, moccasins, or sheepskin slippers, they will keep your feet comfortable, relaxed, breathable, supportive, and pain-free.
Q. How do you take care of your house shoes?
A. To get value from your house shoes, it is necessary to take proper care of them by noting and doing the following:
- Find out from the label if they are machine-washable; put them in the washing machine, use the short, low spin and then air dry to prevent them from going out of shape
- Use warm water with a mild detergent to give a good rub after a short soak; ensure you rinse thoroughly before getting rid of the excess water
- After cleaning them, use a towel to soak up the leftover liquid, rather than wringing. Doing so will help to prevent loss of shape
- If it is a suede or sheepskin house shoe, use a stain-resistant spray to protect it from damage
- When you notice any odor, use a baby wipe to wipe down or sprinkle in some bicarbonate of soda and leave in for some hours and later vacuum using a nozzle attachment
Q. How long will your house shoes last?
A. The quality of your house shoe and the frequency of use will determine its durability. In any case, it is essential to not compromise on the quality because of the price if you do not want to be incurring expenses by buying a new one frequently.
Bottom line: ensure you opt for durable and waterproof materials, so they don’t get damaged easily from exposure to water, mud, and heat.
Another option is to have more than a pair so you can interchange, thus, elongating its lifespan and getting more value from it.
With house shoes becoming a part of your home routine, you have no choice but to go for the best that will serve your need, in terms of comfortability and support, without leaving a dent in your pocket. Compromising on the quality is an absolute no-no.
Let this review of RockDove, TOMS, Haflingers, Hanes, Wishcotton, UGG, HomeIdeas, Minnetonka, Zizor, and Vionic guide you on all you need to know to keep your feet pressure-free.
Most of these brands are constructed with your safety in mind, considering that there are lots of hazards you get exposed to in the home.
Since they are available in a variety of colors, families can decide to have a matching pair, or you pick a color to match your mood as you desire.
People with diabetes or the elderly will find these house shoes valuable because they will help them maintain a good flow of blood throughout their feet.
Also, it will give them a firm grip on laminated, tiled, or wooden surfaces.