Most aerobic exercises usually vary from moderate to high-intensity activities which are tasking and with high impact on the lungs, hearts, muscles, and joints. This is why people require the use of lightweight and shock-absorbing shoes to prevent cushion the balls of the foot and protect it from various injuries.
That’s why we’ve taken the time to give you the best of the best. Whether you are looking to feel speedy or you need more cushioning, the shoes outlined below represent our favorites and also include options for cyclists, CrossFitters, walkers, runners, and everyday athletes.
Buying a shoe for swimming, running, dancing, boxing, cycling, among others should not take more effort than the actual exercise. Also, nowadays, with a huge influx of various kinds of shoes for exercises. It is hard to tell which shoes are the best for aerobic exercises. Hence, we have done some research and after comparing various feature, we have put together the 7 best aerobics shoe in 2019 you can select from.
Best Aerobic Shoes
|Ryka Womens Aqua Sport||Mesh||Rubber sole||Check Price|
|RYKA Women's Influence Cross Training Shoe||Synthetic||Rubber sole||Check Price|
|Reebok Women's Hi Fashion Sneaker||Leather||Rubber sole||Check Price|
|Under Armour Mens Micro G Engage 2 Running Trainers||Fabric||Rubber sole||Check Price|
|New Balance Men's Mx608v4||Leather||Rubber sole||Check Price|
|K-Swiss Men's ST329 CMF Training Shoe||Leather||Rubber sole||Check Price|
|RYKA Women's Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoe||Synthetic/ Mesh||Synthetic sole||Check Price|
1. Ryka Women’s Aqua Sport
This is an amazing product that can be worn both in and outside water as well as for indoor and outdoor activities.
It was specially built for aerobics and water sport with unique features that ensure the comfort of its wearer and prevents them from unnecessary injury. It has a soft textile lining on the inside that ensures it does not hurt or over rubs your feet. It also has a wonderful elastic lacing system that makes it easy to slip off and slip-on.
It’s perforated footbed, EVA midsole features drainage ports and a Sticky rubber outsole makes water easily drain out and shoe dries faster. Thus, preventing the shoe from being sticky.
To cap it up, it has a padded tongue, collar, and a pull-tab at the heel to make the shoe easy and comfortable for the wearer during exercises.
- Bungee elastic lacing system that makes shoes easy to slip on and slip off.
- Soft textile lining that is extra good for tender feet.
- EVA midsole features drainage ports to easily drain water out.
- Padded tongue and collar for ease of comfort.
- Perforated footbed.
- Pull-tab at the heel for perfect fitting.
- Sticky rubber outsole to ensure you don’t slip in water.
- Breathable mesh upper with synthetic overlays to the shoes are cool and not sweaty.
- Long elastic lace can be awkward and hard to manage.
- Pink color runs so don’t let anything touch them while they are wet.
- The shoe wears out on time.
2. RYKA Women’s Influence Cross-Training Shoe
This is a fantastic shoe for women that engage in more than one kind of exercise or sporting activity. This RYKA women training sneakers is a colorful lace-up shoe with blind eyelets and logo at tongue. It is a beautiful and classy piece that makes a lady’s feet nice and comfortable.
It has amazing features that give support to a woman’s feet and a breathable upper mesh that keeps your feet comfortable. As well as a lightweight that makes kicks, and jumps much easier.
It is a solid shoe for strength and endurance training and has a perfect thread pattern for side to side mobility. Its wide sole is perfect for stability at the ball of the foot that ensures you do not fall by accident.
It is also perfect for aerobics on a carpet. It does not stick and let you pivot easily as the routines play out.
- Synthetic and mesh upper for comfort and breathability.
- Flex foil and direct fuse layers that provides plenty of support.
- Textile lining and cushioning for your comfort.
- Dual Impact midsole for cushioning the heel and forefront.
- Traction outsole with a footprint design.
- Ultra-sole that increases durability.
- Precise-return bouncy insole.
- Traction outsole with a footprint design.
- Very fashionable with bright, and energetic colors for ladies.
- It tends to hurt your feet if worn for a long time.
- A little too narrow for ladies with wider feet.
3. Reebok Women’s Hi Fashion Sneaker
This is a perfect shoe for athletes. It provides all the comfort and supports you could possibly want. It was built to ensure athletes can run faster and be more comfortable whilst running.
It has a high padded collar with hook-look strap that is created for an incredible custom fit. Its outsole is ultra-durable with a thread that will keep you on your feet.
It was made to be worn by athletes at any season because it is leather and can withstand any inclement weather. It is lightweight and can with cushioning padded sock liner and EVA midsole.
- It is very durable
- 100% leather
- Abrasive rubber outsole that is very durable
- A super traction thread to keep you on your feet
- It is lightweight thus promoting comfort and flexibility
- A padded sock liner and Eva midsole for cushioning the heel and foot
- The leather is really soft
- Narrow width that cannot be worn by people with wide feet
- Low-quality shoe
4. Under Armour Men’s Micro G Engage 2 Running Trainers
The comfort and ease that comes with the Under Armour men’s trainers is one of the major quality that makes it one of the best in 2019. It is a light shoe that ensures men runs faster, supporting the legs to ensure safety and ease of training.
It features an Upper mesh and foam overlays that cushions your feet as well as keeps it ventilated. The inner heels serve as a support for the foot to the midsole without reducing its flexibility
The outsole is made of a blown rubber that leaves your feet feeling light during training and ensure the shoes are flexible and lasts for a long time. The 4D foam ensures your shoe fits perfectly, ensuring you don’t slip while training.
This shoe is perfectly suitable for indoor and outdoor training with a groove that makes your feet sync naturally and ensures your stepping is not forced or compromised.
- Quality fabric
- Rubber sole that enhances durability
- Mesh and Foam overlays that are breathable and also provide lightweight support
- Internal TPU heel counter that ensures stability
- 4D Foam footbed that minimizes slippage
- Micro G foam that gives a responsive, resilient feel
- Flex grooves that promote forefoot flexion
- The shoe is very narrow
- Compared to other Armour shoes, it is uncomfortable
5. New Balance Men’s Mx608v4
This is a must-get for men seeking comfortable and classy shoes as an all in one package. The New Balance Men’s trainers is an amazing asset for running, walking any other outdoor activity.
Its features are generally designed to increase forefoot flexibility, enhanced heel cushioning and give your feet the basic comfort and support your foot needs.
It is of high quality and specially crafted with a breathable textile lining and EVA footbed, a padded mesh tongue and dual-density collar for cushioning. Its lace-up closure ensures your shoes have proper fittings and its rubber sole promotes the durability of the shoe.
The shaft of the shoe measures approximately low top from the arch and is a super comfortable shoe for those with leg pain and injury. It also a big recommendation for people with wide feet.
The sole is highly recommended for various outdoor activities and for taking long walks on the toughest trails and hard concrete surface. Click through to see our review about long-distance walking shoes here.
- It is 100% leather
- Breathable soft textile lining and EVA footbed
- Rubber soles for ultra-durability
- Dual-density collar and padded mesh tongue for cushioning
- Lace-up closure for comfort
- Pull tab at heel for proper fitting
- Low top from the arch shaft for extra support
- IMEVA midsole
- Non-marking rubber outsole
- Not good for hiking
- Not durable
6. K-Swiss Men’s ST329 CMF Training Shoe
The famous K-Swiss has developed a loyal trusted brand that cannot be overlooked. They are known to produce inspiring and innovative performance and lifestyle footwear that are durable and classy. The St329 Training sneaker is no different. It was a tennis training shoe that has grown to become a cult classic.
Designed and built for ultra-durability, this sneaker features a durable rubber outsole, sturdy tread, and maximum comfort with a k-Eva cushioned midsole and premium footbed.
The tennis shoe can be worn both in court and outside court. It was built with the end goal of ensuring customers are comfortable and they walk with ease. Thus, the various features that ensure shoes have the best cushioning, arch support, lightweight, wide width, and perfect fits.
These shoes are good for not just not only normal surfaces but also for hard concrete floors and can be used by people who engage in more than one kind of sport or exercise.
- It is 100% leather
- Rubber sole for durability
- Shock-absorbing heel
- Memory foam footbed
- Good for people that do different sports or exercises
- It is good for people with wide feet
- Shoes don’t last
- It is usually tight at the ankle
7. RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoe
The Ryka women trainers is a perfect fit for dancing, gym workout or running. It is a very beautiful dance studio shoe that fuses gym and street style.
It is a fashionable lace-up dancing shoe that features metallic stripes and adjustable hook and loop strap for a secure fit. It has a synthetic sole, a precise-return insole and IHG molded heel reinforcement for cushioning and comfort.
Its low profile platform (0.75 inches) has n-gage EVA foam under the forefoot for extra cushioning with a traction outsole with a pivot-point design. The 4inches from arch shaft provides supports the ankle and a padded tongue and collar for proper fittings and comfort.
This shoe is super amazing for high impact activities and can be worn not just for daily workouts but also for daily activities.
- Synthetic sole
- They are comfortable, flexible and breathable
- 4-inch from the arch shaft that provides support
- Padded tongue and collar for secure fittings
- A precise-return insole for cushioning
- Low profile platform with n-gage EVA foam for cushioning
- I.H.G molded heel reinforcement
- Lace-up with adjustable hook-and-loop strap for secure fittings
- Not advisable to be worn for social dancing (salsa, zuok, blues, bachata)
- It is tough to wear
- It runs small and you might need to order a size bigger
Things to Consider Before Buying Aerobic Shoes
Shoes are a basic necessity for daily living especially when it comes to workouts. Lots of aerobic sessions increase our vulnerability to various injuries like; muscle pull and strains, sprained ankle, shoulder injury, knee injury, shin splint, wrist sprain and dislocation among others. Thus why we need to take necessary precautions to ensure our safety is guaranteed.
One of the necessary safety precautions for aerobics is aerobic shoes. Research shows that aerobic shoes are necessary to protect the plantar surface of the foot, provide traction, provide motion control and for cushioning.
The problem we encounter however is there a lot of aerobic shoes out there and getting a good aerobic shoe for our daily workout can be confusing. We have therefore done basic research and put together a necessary guide to consider before buying an aerobic shoe.
Using comfortable shoes for your aerobic session is very important as your shoes need to be in sync with your workout sessions to prevent injuries.
To know a comfortable shoe, think first about your arches, as it gives give feet the flexibility needed for pain-free walking and running. Thus you have to ensure your arches are supported and your heel snug.
Make sure there is a half-inch (or the width of your index finger) between the end of your longest toe and the end of the shoes. There should be no pressure point.
Outsoles are essentially necessary for stability and side to side movement during aerobic sessions. Hence it is necessary to ensure, your outsole gives you extra cushioning as you step down.
Make sure you get a shaped, a wide, rounded outsole in front to give you extra stability during lateral and side-to-side movement as well as a wide heel that gives extra cushioning as you step down.
Also look for a firm heel counter to give extra support to the rest of the footbed.
Having great midsoles in aerobic shoes is necessary for padding the foot and controlling its abnormal or excessive movements (pronation or supination).
Hence, it is important you get a soft midsole with extra cushioning for high arches. This creates extra wear on the outer edge of the heel and the little toe.
The Upper is the area that covers the top of the foot. Your foot type is very important when picking an aerobic shoe, especially if your feet tend to be extra sweaty or smelly.
Thus it is important, you examine the shoes upper to ensure the shoes has a breathable soft textile lining. As well as a firm leather for the outer foot support.
Flexibility in aerobic shoes is important to ensure the foot can do the necessary twist and turns that go on during an aerobic session.
Thus it is essential to test the flexibility of the shoes as the front session of the aerobic shoe should twist with a small amount of resistance. You do this by placing one hand at the heel and the other hand at the toe of the shoe, then twist.
The arch shape allows your feet to perform like a spring that bears the weight of the body and absorbs shock during movement. The foot arches give feet the flexibility needed for pain-free walking and running.
The human body has variations such as flat feet, high arches, low arches, or wide feet. Hence it is important to determine the type of arch you have to know the kind of arch support you should get.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. What is considered a good aerobic shoe?
A. What’s considered a good aerobic shoe for one type of workout isn’t going to the best shoe for another. Having the right pair of shoes when you exercise is important to prevent foot, knee and low back pain and long-term injuries.
Q. What are the best shoes for Cross Fit?
A. Crossfit involves dynamic movements through multiple planes and various weighted exercises. Thus you need shoes that will help your foot move naturally from a stable platform. A shoe with a snug upper and a low heel is ideal.
Q. What are the best shoes for long-term standing?
A. Standing for a long time can lead to knee and lower back pain. Thus it is important to get shoes with maximal cushioning as it absorbs up to 80 percent of the shock that travels up your kinetic chain while walking or running.
Q. What kind of shoe can I wear to prevent my feet from being extra smelly and sweaty?
A. During aerobics, it is important to wear shoes with upper that can prevent sweat which makes your shoe sweaty.
Hence, make sure you wear aerobic shoes with uppers made of the sturdy, silky, breathable textile lining that can minimize sweat.
Q. How do I know when to get new aerobic shoes?
A. There are three major signs that indicate your shoe needs to be replaced.
- When there is visible wear in the midsole on a form of creases, crinkles or pockmarks. This is a sign that the midsole is beginning to wear through.
- When the upper part of the shoe is worn out or if you find you have to tie your shoes tighter. This is an indication that the upper is stretching out and cannot hold your foot to the midsole properly.
- When the midsole is compressed. This is an indication that the midsole can no longer be fixed and is no more protecting your feet.
Q. What are the best aerobic shoes for flat feet?
A. Flat feet tend to need shoes that provide extra stability in the midsole as well as prevent the foot from getting out of alignment.
Q. What is the best shoe for high-impact classes?
A. High impact dance aerobics require aerobic shoes that enhance flexibility and is in sync with body movement.
Hence, it is important to get lightweight, flexible shoes that can provide impact protection and durability during classes. Look for flexible midsoles, minimal weigh and uppers with soft textile linings.
Aerobic Shoes are necessary to cushion the balls of the foot and protect it from various injuries as well as for the body to move in sync with the shoes. Thus, it is important to get aerobic shoes that best fit the workout/training sessions you do be it, dancing, swimming, running and walking among others.
Also, getting an aerobic shoe that is comfortable and stylish as well as enhances your flexibility and stability all in one is very possible. Take time to know how your foot arch/shape to know the kind of shoes you would like to get.
From our research, Under Armour Micro G Assert 7 is the top choice among other aerobic shoes because it is breathable, has Eva shock liner, micro G form cushioning, zone traction and non-marking. It is a light shoe that ensures men runs faster, supporting the legs to ensure safety and ease of training.